You cannot deny that the most vital kit in a camera is the lens. It is so vital that the majority of professional photographers utilize various lenses for various occasions. Today, searching for the best lenses for canon rebel t6 need that you fully understand the fundamental kinds of lenses. You need to know as well how they fit in your photography collection. After understanding them, picking the best canon rebel t6 lenses would be a breeze for you.
To help you choose the best lenses for canon rebel t6, we have reviewed ten different products we find suitable for your particular goal. In this review, we choose some of the best canon rebel T6 lenses that are accessible in the market. In the last part of this guide, we have presented you with a buyer’s guide and a FAQs section, making your buying a lot easier.
But before we dive into the top ten best canon rebel t6 lens , take a look at our best overall and best budget pick for you.
Best Canon Rebel T6 Lens: 30 Second Summary
- Best Overall: The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens features a fixed focal length of 50 mm, Super Spectra coatings and bright f/1.8 aperture which lower flare and ghosting. It also offers a circular seven-blade aperture. The lens of this canon rebel T6 is no doubt one of the cheapest after and most affordable lens available n market today. The lens is 100% compatible along with Canon T6 and other Canon full frame cameras.
The lens offers superb performance in low light environments. It is also perfect for creative photographers. What’s more, the seven-blade circular design enables the lens to offer a wonderful background slur for frames.
- Best Budget Friendly: Similar to our best overall pick, the Canon EF-S 24mm is another cheap awesome, making it our best budget pick. It’s super small, and depending on the APS-C camera you are shooting; your lens and camera will surely fit inside your pocket.
The 24 mm on a cropped season comes to approximately 38 mm. That is the same on a full frame, making the ideal focal length for walking around the city. This lens is also wide enough to take in your locations but isn’t so wide you have no emphasis on your subject. Some of the amazing points where this best canon rebel t6 lenses shine is on versatility, size, and ultimately price!
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Canon Rebel T6 Lenses
Believe it or not, but you will find a wide array of a canon eos rebel t6 lenses to choose from. That could make it choosing for the best canon t6 lens a bit overwhelming on your part. Luckily, we have gathered the best products to help you.
Below is our honest and unbiased review of the best canon rebel t6 lenses.
1. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens – Best Overall Pick
Did you know that this best lenses for canon rebel t6are the chart-topping canon rebel t6 lens? It’s cheap, compact and offers superior photos. But what makes it super unique?
You see, the aperture of this Canon eos rebel t6 lenses is big. It allows sufficient light, meaning you’ll be able to capture images even at night and don’t get any fuzzy images. That’s an excellent lens for indoor camerawork too and shooting without a flash that could make your shots look ugly.
What’s more, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens is the best as it enables you to blur your whole background. That makes your subject stand out in every image. It is the simplest and fastest way to make your images look pro too.
It focuses silently and faster. It is also wonderful to use for video focusing, big thanks to its Stepping Motor. No doubt, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 is the ideal canon t6 lens you could get for your buck. Image quality, colors, bokeh are amazing for the price too.
Everyone can use this canon rebel t6 lens. The 50 millimeters focal length is ideal for virtually all sorts of photography. Be it be travel, sports, low light, product, street portrait, or food photography.
- Accepts normal bayonet-mount lens good
- Narrower f/22 aperture accessible
- 49mm vs. 52mm filter size
- 21xMM vs. 0.15x
- A much-enhanced manual focus ring
- Super Spectra coating
- Enhanced overall build quality
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EFS series
- Circular aperture offers soft and beautiful backgrounds
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C camera
- Very reasonable
- Smooth video focus
- Sharp at f/1.8
- Modest barrel distortion
- Hood not included
- Narrower field of view on APS-C cameras
- Some fall off at wide aperture
- Slower focus
- Omits stabilization
2. Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens – Budget-Friendly Pick
The Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens might look strange to other lenses, but there is the name for this type of style. Most experts refer to it as the pancake lens because of its compact and short design.
This canon rebel T6 lenses looks as if it has something missing. However, that is not the case when we talk about its performance. Excellent quality, sharpness, and colors, plus quick autofocus. In fact, this lens is much wider and comes with a smaller aperture (f/2.8). Still, that is considered huge.
This canon eos rebel t6 lenses is ideal for all APS-C camera, enabling you to travel light. It boasts both FTM and STM, allowing you to focus by hand in spite having the lens fixed to AF. That could save several seconds on your part.
If you’re the kind of photographer who’s into landscape, or you like something wide but cannot spend excessively, this is the perfect lens for you. The Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens is perfect for landscape shooters, street/travel photographers as well as indoor/club photographers.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 24mm 1:2,8
- Maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.5 feet/0.16 meters
- Compatible with all non-full frame Canon EOS DSLRs
- Silent STM focus motor
- Class wide-angle field of view
- Very compact
- Quite sharp
- Apparent vignette at f/2.8
- Disappointing manual focus experience
- Lacks image stabilization
3. Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens – Sharpest Pick
This telephoto zoom lens offers an angle of view the same to an 400mm used on a 35mm camera. This lens is intended as a budget choice, but it is somewhat surprising to notice how well this works. Sharpness is remarkable in the center of the frame for more of the zoom range. That’s how you might anticipate costlier lenses to work.
At maximum aperture as well as 55 mm, sharpness is considered remarkable already. Maximum performance is obtained at f/5.6 for this focal length. Along with the lens zoomed to 135mm, sharpness at maximum aperture keeps high in the middle of the frame. Peak sharpness over the frame is obtained at f/8 for the focal length.
What’s more, autofocus is precise, swift, and silent too. Compared to other USM lenses of the canon, full-time manual focus override isn’t possible. Manual focusing is done through the focusing motor.
- Canon EF-S mount not compatible with full sensor DSLRs
- Optics 12 elements in ten groups, UD glass element
- Maximum aperture f/4.0 to f/5.6
- Efficient stabilizer
- Quick focusing
- Excellent sharpness in the middle within the zoom range
- Plastic lens mount might put several users off this lens
4. Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM – Best Lens for Outdoor
This best canon rebel t6 lenses is a highly practical medium telephoto lens along with excellent portability and delineation. Photos are clear and sharp at every aperture. With computer simulations, the lens has been created to offer amazing background blur. The front lens group doesn’t revolve during focusing. Thus special filter effects aren’t influenced.
It will easily focus on your subject even during those darker environments, as it features an Ultra Sonic Motor. You cannot even imagine what type of excellent images you will be able to create along with its f/1.8 and 85 mm focal length.
Do you often shoot images at very low light condition? Using f/1.8 will allow you to get clear images without increasing your ISO speed to great sensitivities. This is best to use in sport, animal, concert and portrait photography.
- Lens not zoom able
- Measures three inches in diameter and 2.8 inches long
- Created to generate amazing background blur
- The natural angle of view and perspective is perfect for natural images and portraits
- Ring type ultra-sonic monitor brings the subject into focus
- Focal length: 85mm closes focusing distance is 2.8 feet
- 85mm standard lens along with f/1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR Camera
- Excellent sharpness and contract
- Small size and lightweight
- Quick and accurate focus
- Great color
- Too much purple fringing
5. Canon EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM – UltraWide-Angle Lens
Are you searching for a good and cost-efficient canon rebel t6 lenses? Then this one might be perfect for you. This is a wonderful option for real estate, architecture, and landscape photography.
It substitutes the older and costlier 10-22 mm. The best thing about the Canon EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM is that it comes with Image Stabilization up to four steps. It also features an STM motor for precise and silent autofocus. Even though you lose 4mm on the telephoto end, such improvements are worthy.
Image Stabilization is ideal for people who prefer shooting at night. It’s also perfect for people who don’t have a tripod because you could shoot with the speed you otherwise could not do. You could also anticipate having sharp images because of the little depth of field.
At a very wide angle, you could see the entire world in a different way. That’s the main reason why each photographer must have a wide-angle lens. The Canon EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM is ideal for group shots, indoor, clubs, real estate, architecture, traveling, and landscape shots.
- Optical image stabilizer
- Stepping motor for noise-free video shooting
- Closest focusing distance: 0.22 meter or 0/72 feet
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 10 18 mm
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive system lead screw and the rack system is driven by stepping motor
- Very good value for money
- Image stabilization
- Amazing sharpness
- It doesn’t include hood as a standard
6. Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM – Sharp Telephoto Zoom Lens
The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM is your perfect option for the Canon Rebel T6 if you prefer to capture sports, wildlife or other stuff which is far away without breaking your bank.
What we love about this canon rebel t6 lenses is that it’s not bulky like what most telephoto lenses. That denotes you won’t be exhausted after shooting for long hours. What’s more, even though it doesn’t come with the best figure design, it still feels well-built and compact.
It’s worth taking note that it features an Image Stabilization, helping up to 3.5 stops. That enables you to shoot with 1/3 rather than 1/250 and still excluding compact outputs without distortion. Similar to the rest of the new lenses of Canon, this canon eos rebel t6 lenses boast STM for excellent video performance.
This lens is ideal for anyone who feels their existing lenses don’t get them close enough. This is excellent for shooting races as well as outdoor sports, animals and wild pets. However, the 250 mm might not be enough for that serious bird photography.
- Rear focus system
- Diagonal angle of view: 27 degrees 50 ft. – 6-degree 15 ft.
- Less construction: fifteen elements in twelve groups
- Closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet or 0/85 m
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 55 to 25 mm
- Light and compact design
- 5x zoom range
- Remarkable sharpness
- It doesn’t include a lens hood
- Plastic lens mount
- Modest aperture
7. Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM – Multipurpose Canon T6 Lens
The Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM is another best lens for canon rebel t6 that offers better quality and more reach. You receive similar aperture dimensions, only 800 mm more zoom. It has also quicker autofocus, and enhanced build quality.
This is an ideal canon rebel t6 lenses if you prefer something, which could be used in all types of scenarios. You can use it anything, whether its landscape, weddings, sports, indoor shooting, and traveling.
Many individuals have their own do-it-all lenses, even if they have more options. Often, you only prefer to travel light and do not think about changing lenses. Big thanks to the STM technology of the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, you are given a chance to record videos without getting any form of noise. We really love using manual mode every time we shoot something serious.
- Compatible with 67 mm filters
- Lens construction of sixteen elements in twelve groups
- Dedicated image stabilization 33mm equivalent to 29mm to 216 mm focal length range
- 18 to 135 mm lens with f3.5 to f.5.6 aperture
- For use with APS-C cameras
- Power zoom accessory accessible
- Optical stabilization
- Smooth live view focus
- 5x zoom ratio
- Dim corners at the widest aperture
- Present some distortion
8. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM – Best Mid Telephoto Macro Lens Pick
The meaning of macro photography is that photo projected into the film plane must be a similar size as the subject. This best canon rebel t6 lenses enables constant focusing down to genuine 1:1 life-size magnification.
The amazing thing about this canon lens for rebel t6 is that it could increase the ratio for higher magnification. If mixed with the normal twelve inches minimum focus distance of the lens, that makes it perfect for shooting your favorite insects. If you want to shoot small things like bugs, butterflies, coins or stamps.Adding these lenses for canon rebel t6 to your collection is necessary.
- High-performance lens: features 100mm focal length, f32 minimum aperture, and f2.8 maximum aperture
- Ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- Image stabilization
- 67mm filters
- Compatible with all Canon cameras
- Altura photo cleaning kit
- Remarkable image quality
- Very sharp
- Excellent contrast
- It could be slow to focus up close
9. Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom
The Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II USM is a wonderful lens. It shoots amazing images and its weather sealing is among the best the camera company has ever designed. That makes it a wonderful option for capturing landscapes.
However, one thing that’s lacking from the design of this canon rebel t6 lenses is the image stabilization. Presented that standard zooms are more likely to be utilized regularly, some photographers will think that’s a huge omission.
- 8 constant maximum aperture
- 24 70 mm focal length
- 82 mm filters
- Closest focusing distance: 0.38m
- Perfect weather sealing
- Sharp even when its wide open
- No stabilization
- Costly for what you receive
10. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM – Perfect for Day-to-Day Shooting
The lens of the Canon EF 50mm is sharp through its aperture range. It is the same as all the autofocus lenses of Canon, and it features an internal focus motor for quiet and quick operation.
The lens is very compact at 2×2.9 inches, and it is very lightweight at 10.2 pounds. It also utilizes a 58mm filters, and it could focus as close as 1.5 feet. The quick aperture will allow you to make a beautifully shallow depth of field, particularly at the nearest focus. However, you must not expect to fill the frame with tiny objects as you could with a dedicated macro lens for canon rebel t6.
- Features an ultrasonic type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- High precision telephoto lens
- Ideal for a multitude of shooting situations
- Perfect for day-to-day shooting
- Fast aperture
- Very sharp
- Internal focus motor
- Reasonably priced
- It doesn’t include a lens hood
- No vibration reduction
Buying Guide for Best Canon Rebel T6 Lenses
Are you now considering buying your own canon rebel t6 lenses? In this section, we will present you with the factors you need to consider:
- Camera sensor format
Take note that the focal length of a lens differs on the size of the imaging sensor of your camera where it’s mounted. The typical formats are Micro Four Thirds (MFT), APS-C, and full frame.
- Hardware mount
Canon DSLRs utilize EF-S or EF mounts while the EOS-M series utilizes an EF-M mount. While you could utilize an adapter to use lenses from various makers, it won’t work as designed.
Are you a landscape photographer? Do you like shooting portraits? Are you someone who experiments in various styles? Understanding what you prefer to shoot will guide you pick the type of canon rebel t6 lenses to buy.
- Lens options
Although you are not purchasing many lenses at once, it will help to know how varied your selections are. You can checkout Best Lens for Canon 80D. A huge collection provides an array of possibilities, from different choices to telephoto choices and everything in the middle.
The bigger the aperture, the more light it could allow and thus making it more expensive. For example, Canon has 50mm f/1.8 and 50mm f/1.2 lenses, along with the latter being costlier.
- Lens type
You could choose between a prime lens and a zoom lens. A prime is a fixed lens, which means it has one focal length only. But you will find pros and cons to both. Primes have specialty options such as fish eye and macro. They are also good in low-light surroundings. Primes are better when taking sharp or bright images, but they only provide a single field of view. Meanwhile, zooms cover a much wider range. please check out photo stick review to understand better how it can help you to save all your photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
The factors stated above here are the things you must always consider whenever you are planning to purchase a lens for your canon rebel t6 . However, the most vital factor for selecting your lens will be solely according to your individual needs.
For you to pick the best canon rebel t6 lens, choose a lens based on your needs. Before you choose one, consider these questions:
I hope you enjoyed this review on the top ten best canon rebel t6 lenses. After you read this guide, I am sure you are now ready to get your own canon rebel t6 lenses. What are your thoughts about this post? Share your insights with us by leaving your comments below! Enjoy shopping, folks!